"For Internationally Educated Opticians"

For Internationally Educated Opticians


Opticianry is a regulated health profession in Canada. This means that even if you practise Opticianry in you home country, you must have a licence from the Opticians of Manitoba (OOM) to legally practise Opticianry in Manitoba.

Your immigration office will review your education and experience, and may select you to immigrate if it is confident you can find work and contribute to the economy. But your immigration office cannot guarantee that OOM will provide you with a licence to practise Opticianry in Manitoba.

Video Overview

This video summarizes our website content for internationally educated Opticians. View the video to learn quick facts about how to become a licensed Optician in Manitoba.


  • For IEPs Directory of Manitoba Opticians News and Events
    Member Login
    Public Awareness campaign