Travel costs incurred while carrying out responsibilities for the Opticians of Manitoba (OOM) shall be reimbursed as follows:
The most economical and practical mode of transportation must be used.
Reimbursement is provided for the most economical and practical mode of transportation only. Unless otherwise notified, individuals are responsible for making their own travel plans.
Travel pertaining to OOM business including travel to and from the airport at both the originating and destination cities is eligible for reimbursement. Personal automobile use is reimbursed at:
- $0.52 per km for the first 5,000 km driven for business purpose
- $0.46 above 5,000 km
Accommodation costs are eligible if the booking is at a hotel/motel approved by OOM.
Reimbursement for meals during the course of meetings is eligible if receipts are provided. If receipts are not provided, reimbursement for meals will be based on the following rates:
Breakfast $ 15.60
Lunch $ 14.85
Dinner $ 40.85
These rates exclude provincial sales taxes and the Goods and Services Tax. Reimbursement will be provided for only one alcoholic beverage per day.
Reimbursement of $17.50 per day for a total daily per diem of $88.60
- This expense policy applies to all OOM staff (contracted and permanent), council, national committee members and volunteers while they are conducting business on behalf of the OOM as outlined in the OOM annual budget
- Expenses incurred when representing a group at an OOM event are at the expense of the group unless otherwise approved by the OOM
- Receipts are required for reimbursement of all expenses with the exception of personal automobile use, which requires a signed and dated summary of distances travelled
- Airfare reimbursement requires submission of the original airline ticket
- Expenses must be submitted on a signed and dated Expense Statement OOM
- Expense Statements must be submitted no later than the end of each quarter to which they relate (March 31, June 30, September 30, and December 31)
- Receipts must be also be submitted for any sundry expenses claimed
Canada Revenue Agency
National Joint Council of the Public Service of Canada