To ensure current knowledge, all members, including inactive members, must earn a minimum number of Maintenance of Competency (MOC) credits in a 3-year cycle. To earn credits, you must participate in MOC activities such as:
- Perform vision screening at an Elementary School
- Supervise eyeglass fittings
- Complete a First Aid course
- Attend the OOM Annual General Meeting (AGM)
- Attend a lecture
- Complete an online course
Each activity is worth a specific number of credits as outlined in in this section of the website.
Maintenance of Competency means continuing education.